- This policy applies to P3 Purchasing Inc., Physicians Purchasing Power, Practitioners Purchasing Power, and Professionals Purchasing Power, which are referred to here collectively as P3. At P3, the security and integrity of our customers' personal information is important to us. We take every reasonable measure necessary to protect the privacy of our customers while providing the high level group purchasing services they expect.
- P3 privacy practices are in accordance with all federal and provincial laws and regulations. We are compliant with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and where applicable with the privacy policies established by our vendor partners.
- P3 has in place privacy and security practices to safeguard our customers' personal information. These practices are reviewed, and if necessary revised, on a regular basis. Additionally, P3s' employees receive privacy training and must comply with P3’s privacy practices as a condition of employment.
- Personal information collected by P3 is information about an identifiable individual that may include such information as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, financial information, and any recorded complaints.
- At P3, we collect customer information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To establish, qualify, and maintain membership in P3;
- To provide a positive customer experience, and deliver, bill for, and collect payment for products and services where applicable;
- To understand customer requirements and make information available regarding products and services offered by P3 and its Vendor Partners;
- To manage and develop P3 business and operations;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- To obtain credit information or provide it to others.
- P3 does not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. P3 retains personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- P3 informs customers of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information upon request and gives them access to their information.
- P3 ensures that customer information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Customers can challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and request amendments as appropriate.
- P3 companies share information with other P3 Companies, or their agents and authorized Vendor partners and their dealers, in order to offer customers products and services that they may find attractive. Notices on sharing information are contained in each company's application forms, invoices and web sites. If customers do not want to be marketed with these products and services, they can contact P3 (see How To Contact us below).
- Additional information on your privacy is located in the Frequently Asked Questions section of www.p3purchasing.com under the Category of Privacy.
- A senior company official has been appointed as the Privacy Officer at P3. The Privacy Officer is accountable for all personal information at P3. You may contact the Privacy Officer at:
Chief Privacy Officer
P3 Purchasing Inc.
895 Maple Ave Unit 335
- Customers that wish to:
- Obtain more information about P3’s Commitment to Privacy;
- Access, or obtain more information about their personal information held by P3; or
- Make a privacy-related complaint;
May contact a customer service representative who, if necessary, will refer the customer to the Chief Privacy Officer.
- The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees P3s' personal information handling practices. If your privacy concerns are not addressed to your satisfaction by P3 you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for further guidance:
1-800-282-1376 or 613-995-8210
Last Updated ( Thursday, 09 September 2010 13:20 )